Altern Properties believes it is time to Rethink Rental. No longer does renting mean compromising comfort, convenience or style. At Altern Properties residents enjoy new buildings with modern interior finishes like granite countertops and contemporary cabinetry, in suite laundry, and premium locations proximal to retail and entertainment hubs. Altern provides tenants with value added concierge services like package drop off and dry cleaning pick up, vending/ATM facilities in select locations, and 24/7 maintenance assistance.
Altern has introduced Regina's first luxury apartment community, Sterling Manor. This 320 unit facility features a community centre complete with a swimming pool, fitness studio, games room, and an outdoor barbeque and fire pit area.
Beyond the physical structures, Altern is also committed to building resident loyalty with value added programs like reduced telecomm rates through a partnership with Sasktel or our tenant referral rewards (see below).
At Altern Properties, you have all the comforts of home without the hassles of owning a home. No more grass to cut, sidewalks to shovel or maintenance costs. It’s time to Rethink Rental.
Benefits of Renting
Cost Savings and Affordability
- renting avoids real estate fees and other transaction costs
- renting avoids the risk of carrying two mortgages (if the sale of your home was to fall through while you were building or buying another)
- no down payment required to rent (aside from damage or security deposit)
- available to people with weak credit histories
Mobility and Choice
- moving to or from a rental home is easy and economical, when compared to selling or buying a home
- renting allows one to readily move (due to changes in lifestyle or career)
- easily establish new households at less cost than buying a house
- maintenance and repairs are organized and completed by the property company, not the renter
- outdoor maintenance and lawn care are organized by the property company, allowing renters to focus on other aspects of their lives
- engage with neighbours without having to go outside
Environmental and Municipal Benefits
- rental buildings are generally located near public transit and in amenity-rich locations
- from Canadian Federation of Apartment Associations